Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kitchen Decor

  This is my first real craft post. I made this thing for my kitchen. 
I'm not sure what I should call it yet.

 First I painted it black, and then spray painted it cream once the black had dried.



Then I "shabby chiced" it (sanded it and roughed it up)

Then I cut chicken wire into sections that fit in each frame. I didn't put chicken wire in all the frames cause I wanted to have there be clothing pins too. (You'll see below)

Then I stapled it to the back of the frame.

Back view

Front view.

Once all the chicken wire was in. (Do you like my messy garage?)

Then I spray painted clothing pins for the frames that didn't have chicken wire.

After the pins were dry I hot glued them on to the front of the frame.

I made these fun pictures in photoshop from vintage clip art. I haven't finished all the frame spaces yet. I was also thinking it might be fun for Halloween to trade out the kitchen graphics for some spooky pictures.

FINISHED!

I think it fits very nice in my kitchen.


2 comments:

  1. Cool! I really like it. Its like an old fashion kitchen screen door, but not. Really country-fied and eclectic at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative!! I love the blue you chose, you have excellent taste :)

    ReplyDelete